Monday, March 16, 2015

Some thoughts for Tuesday week 4 of Lent



I saw a stranger today.
I put food for him in the eating-place,
And drink in the drinking-place,
And music in the listening-place.
In the Holy Name of the Trinity
He blessed myself and my house,
My goods and my family.
And the lark said in her warble,
Often, often, often
Goes Christ in the stranger's guise
0, oft and oft and oft,
Goes Christ in the stranger's guise. 
Irish tune


NOWHERE does the Torah say, Invite your guest to pray; but it does tell us to offer a guest food, drink and a bed.
Jewish proverb


n just‑
'spring    when the world is mud‑
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles    far    and wee
and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far    and    wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and
    the
goat-footed

balloonMan    whistles
far
and
wee
eecummings



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add