Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


Luke 17:11-19
November 22, 2012



I am thankful for... 

* the mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

* the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.

* the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.

* my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

* a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means that I have a home.

* the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means that I am capable of walking.

* all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

* my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

* the lady behind me at church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.

* the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

* weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means that I have been productive.

* the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am alive.

One thing I would add to this list.

I am thankful today for my faith that has led me to this wonderful, aring community

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add